December 17, 2010

The Baby Boy I Never Knew I Always Wanted


The house is quiet, the kids are sleeping, and the only light is the glow that comes from the twinkling white ones that adorn the Christmas tree.  
This is the moment I have waited months for.  
The moment when the pregnancy was behind me and I was home with my son.  


I have so much on my heart and so much I want to record on here - 
the story of his birth, my health scares, the first time my children met each other.  
But for now I will just bask in the peacefulness of this sweet moment, curled up in my white and blue bath robe, to reflect on how much I love my little boy.  




You see I have always been somewhat partial to girls.  I come from a family of girls, I have always babysat for girls, and I have a little girl.  So when I found out that McClain was on the way I was nervous about what kind of mom I would be to this little man.  
How would I do with someone who loved tractors, trains, bugs and ballparks? 


Let me just say that I am madly, ridiculously, over the moon in love with my baby boy.  I can not get enough of his sweetness.  My friends with boys always told me that there is a special bond with mothers and sons.  They would go on and on about how boys love their mamas.  All I heard was "you just wait Lil, he is going to steal your heart." I just could not grasp the concept until the nurse handed me my sweet McClain.  




It's been a hard journey to get to this place, but I look forward to every moment of life with my little one. After all he is the baby boy I never knew I always wanted.  

4 comments:

  1. this is so beautifully written and I love the sweet pictures! Can't wait to snuggle him in person! how magical to have a newborn at Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious!!! Boys are so much fun :) Hope yall are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will treasure this post one day, Lil - what a sweet way to capture just how much this new addition means to you and your family. McClain is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank y'all for the sweet words! He is a gift!

    ReplyDelete