January 09, 2011

Back Together Again


The dust is starting to clear and I feel like some semblance of a normal {and I use that word loosely} life is setting in.  McClain has adapted to our family, our helpers have stopped coming, and Travis has returned to work.  It's just me and the kiddos...which is how it's supposed to be. 
Balancing my time between two children is more difficult than I thought it would be.  It seems like Lucy Mills always wants my undivided attention right when it's time to feed McClain.  I am trying to give her the majority of my efforts and energy because she is the one adjusting to a sibling.  
Yesterday the two of us went out to run errands before going to her friend's birthday party.  Nowhere fancy, just a quick trip to TJ Maxx and CVS, but I realized it's these ordinary moments of just being together I have missed these past few months.  I'm glad to have my time back with my sweet girl.  She has grown so much during the months I was unable to take care of her.  These days Lucy Mills is talking up a storm.  While Travis and I understand most of what she says, I'm not sure the average person on the street would. 
On our outing she said "coco" which translates to car, every time she saw one.  She says hello, hey, or boo {as in peek-a-boo} to the people we pass.  And she enjoys reading her books while fastened in her car seat. 

I'm more exhausted than ever keeping up with her, but it's worth it to have the time back with my little girl.  After all, who wouldn't want to hang out with this attitude all day...
I wonder what the teenage years will entail? 

1 comment:

  1. Lil,

    She just gets cuter and cuter! I think she's reading "Pat the Bunny," which is a total favorite of mine. I'm sure you feel like your life is a little crazy with juggling so much, but I know you are a wonderful mom and your kids (and Travis) are thankful for all you do.

    Keep that gorgeous smile and refill our favorite coffee mug for me!
    -lindz

    ReplyDelete