At three and a half years of age, sassy girl here loves her necklaces and bracelets, fingernails painted, wearing dresses with leggings, singing praise music in the car, flip flops, wearing her pink tutu under her clothes, and flirting with her friends' daddies.
One day I asked her to spell her name for me. She has mastered writing and spelling Lucy so she tried her hand at Lucy Mills. After tracing the letters I wrote for her, she began dictating L-U-C-Y M-I-eleven-S. Whoops. I suppose those lower case "l's" can be a little tricky sweet girl.
One of my favorite Lucy Mills' sayings is God will heal it. Whenever she has a scratch, a bump, or if someone is sick she replies with the confident response that God will heal it. The faith of a child is a precious thing indeed.
Thankfully it has taken three and half years, but she has developed her first fear. With spring upon us and all the flowers in full bloom, the bumble bees are buzzing and wreaking havoc on my sweet girls' nerves. She is terrified of the flying bees and lets out a blood curdling scream whenever one buzzes her way. She has never been stung, yet she dreads the mere presence of the bees, and now all other insects. A fly got in the house the other day and I found her screaming on the floor in the fetal position. We are working on the comforting fact that God made all creatures and critters, and she is safe. Progress is slow and steady.
Aunt Marian is still graciously giving her time weekly for Trav and I to enjoy a date night. (For which we are forever indebted to her!) When she was walking out to her car after babysitting one night, Lucy Mills called out goodnight sweet girl! Love you!
This guy. He is a gem. He just needs a pair of golf clubs and he's ready.
He is funny without trying to be, he loves peanut butter with a passion, country music, his blankey, Curious George, his Suggie, carrying around his juice cup, riding his trike at break-neck speed down the driveway, getting his hands dirty, and undoing anything Mommy has just cleaned. And I love everything about him.
I love hearing him say yay Mommy! Dat makes me happy! when I give him the answer he is looking for.
What makes all of us happy - Daddy coming home.
Even Maggie joins in on the daddy's home from work celebration.
Grandmother and Grandaddy gave the children a trampoline for Christmas and it has been a source of entertainment (and exercise) for these little ones. We've quickly become the popular house among the other neighborhood kids.
Just a little. Make that a lot.
About a year ago a new family moved into the house next door to ours. They have been such a blessing and we have all become fast friends. They have four children and their youngest, Will, is McClain's age exactly. McClain told me recently that Will is his best buddy.
Life is good. Not always perfect, but a lotta love lives here.





















Enjoyed reading your updates! Thanks for posting! We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete